[GRASS5] Re: Current GDAL problem

mberglund matt at rcinfo.net
Tue Apr 17 10:11:40 EDT 2001

Other pertinent information that I should have included in the previous
post is:

I have tried the binary package of GDAL with the my grass compile: failure
I have tried the variations on the compilation of GDAL: failure

Is python _required_ for the gdal bridge to work. If so, that could be the
reason. I do not have all the headers required for a compile of GDAL with
python.

Grass and tcltkgrass seem to work just dandily.

NVIZ still fails with:

The papers are available at
http://www2.gis.uiuc.edu:2280/modviz/
Unable to load map
Unable to load map
child killed: segmentation violation
    while executing
"exec /usr/local/grass5/etc/nviz2.2/NVWISH2.2 -f
/usr/local/grass5/etc/nviz2.2/scripts/nviz2.2_script elevation=4117ne1.1
-name NVIZ >&@stdout"
    ("eval" body line 1)
    invoked from within
"eval exec $env(GISBASE)/etc/nviz2.2/NVWISH2.2 -f
$env(GISBASE)/etc/nviz2.2/scripts/nviz2.2_script $CMD -name NVIZ >&@stdout
"
    (file "/usr/local/grass5/bin/nviz2.2" line 92)

Finished

But it should be noted that there is no elevation data for 4117ne1.1, so
why is it looking for some?

In any event, this is what I have found, if it is usefull, please let me
know. If not, please don't throw tomatoes!

Later,
Matt