[GRASS5] Cygwin build for 110401

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Thu Apr 12 05:15:06 EDT 2001

John,

On Wed, Apr 11, 2001 at 02:12:11PM -0600, John Huddleston wrote:
> Markus, (Grass list)
>
> In the incoming directory is a grass-20010411.zip file and
> a nviz-20010411.zip file.  The install part of nviz did not
> work first time and I did not notice it until after I had uploaded
> the grass5 binary.   Please move them to the http site.
>
> That section needs some work.  The executable is made in
> the src directory and a Gmakefile later does the move
> 'mv src/nvwish /dev/cvs/grass/dist.i686-pc-cygwin/etc/nviz2.2/NVWISH2.2'
>
> Of course, under cygwin nvwish does not exist.  So, is the final
> executable supposed to be NVWISH2.2?   Whatever, in the
> nviz-20010411.zip container, it is there three times.
>
> Let me know what configuration you want.

excuse me, but the intention of the packages is not clear to
me. I assume that they are not intended for a wide audience but
to winGRASS developers only? So I would store them in a web
space not read by the mirrors? If we publish GRASS/Cygnus twice
it will be confusing (why both .tar.gz and .zip)...

Please let me know,

 Markus