[GRASS5] Status of 5.0.0 release

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Mon Apr 9 05:01:33 EDT 2001

Hi developers,

as it becomes rather siltent in CVS, I suggest to release
GRASS 5.0.0 *now*.

We have three RC tagged bugs left in BUGS and a few in
RT-service. However, I don't see that they get fixed in
reasonable time.

My proposal is:

 - start the definite release branch later this day
 - extract sources package from this branch
 - publish it a pre-release candidate
 - build binaries from it
 - let the testers test this
 - eventually fix severe bugs, release next pre-release then
 - cyle, cycle....
 - get out the stable version before Eastern.

In case of no objections, let's go ahead. I am keen on 5.1 :-)

Regards

 Markus