[GRASS5] Arrow keys and default pager

Justin Hickey jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
Wed Apr 4 04:04:42 EDT 2001

Hi Markus

Markus Neteler wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 04, 2001 at 08:15:26AM +0200, Andrea Aime wrote:
> > couldn't it be a default option if "less" is
> > available on the machine (at least under Linux)?
> I agree.

I disagree. I would like to avoid adding things into the initialization
code that are not strictly necessary. It is already complex. Since less
is not available on all platforms then it should not be the default. As
I said in my reply to Andrea, you should be able to set the PAGER
environment variable in your $HOME/.bashrc file.

--
Sincerely,

Jazzman (a.k.a. Justin Hickey)  e-mail: jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
High Performance Computing Center