[GRASS5] Arrow keys and default pager

Andrea Aime aaime at comune.modena.it
Wed Apr 4 02:15:26 EDT 2001

Hi everybody,
I'm using latest GRASS cvs, XFree 4.01 and KDE 2.1. Every time I start
GRASS in text mode I find problems with the user interface: arrow keys
are not interpreted the right way and I get strange characters on the
screen (a couple of chars every time I hit and arrow). This is the only
program to do that, plain terminal emulators and other programs are
working fine... any idea on how to solve that?
Second issue: I see that the default pager for GRASS man pager is
"more",
but under linux the default pager is usually "less", much more powerful
and easier to use. I'm getting tired of typing "export PAGER=less" every
time I login in GRASS... couldn't it be a default option if "less" is
available on the machine (at least under Linux)?
Regards
Andrea Aime