[GRASS5] [GRASSLIST:2228] [General] USGS, SDTS, DEMs, etc. (Cross-Posted) (fwd)

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Aug 1 21:18:54 EDT 2001

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 19:06:53 -0400
From: Bill Huber <whuber at quantdec.com>

Dear Colleagues,

Directions Magazine has done some independent research to get at the facts
in the USGS DEM situation recently discussed on GISList and MapInfo-L.  This
issue affects GIS users everywhere and has ramifications well beyond mere
delivery of digital elevation data.  We share this information with you in
an article at http://www.directionsmag.com/article.asp?ArticleID=116.  Check
it out, register your opinion in the one-question poll that follows the
article, and write us with your comments.  We will keep updating our pages
about this story frequently during the next several weeks.

Thank you for reading,

--Bill Huber
Editor, Directions Magazine