[GRASS5] New USGS DEM data format

Roger Miller rgrmill at rt66.com
Thu Aug 2 11:36:02 EDT 2001

On Thu, 2 Aug 2001, Rich Shepard wrote:

>   I've not tried importing vector data from SDTS format; so far, only the
> DEMS. And, if you know of 1:24k vector data for transportation, hydrography,
> or hypsography for the Western U.S., please do tell me where to find it!

Rich,

Depending on which part of the Western U.S. you're interested in, you may
be able to get it from the USGS sites mentioned previously as large scale
digital line graphs in SDTS format. Coverage varies considerably by state.
I think that New Mexico, for instance, is completely covered.  Texas
(which is western in some peoples books) is maybe 50% covered.

Roger Miller