[GRASS5] r.patch man page: suggestions

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Aug 8 12:35:11 EDT 2001

  The r.patch man page describes the program as "...using known category
values from one (or more) map layer(s) to fill in areas of 'no data' in
another map layer."

  However, I have learned that it also replaces data on one layer with data
from another layer, not just the null-valued cells. I had searched for
another module to do this, then decided to try r.patch. It works.

  Therefore, I suggest that the man page be adjusted to reflect this broader
capability.

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
 + 1 503-667-4517 (voice) | + 1 503-667-8863 (fax) | rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
                 Making environmentally-responsible mining happen.