[GRASS5] Re: NVIZ crashes

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Mon Aug 13 14:13:50 EDT 2001

Helena Mitasova wrote:

> Markus Neteler wrote:
>
> > Hi all NVIZ lovers,
> >
> > an update on Redhat7.1/Nviz crashes:
> > It seems to be related to Xfree86. I have a Matrox G450 card
> > running and Xfree 4.0.3 with DRI activated (= nviz crashes
> > the server).
> >
> > After disabling DRI (direct rendering) it works fine...
> > In case of this problems, check your /etc/X11/XF86Config-4
> > and disable
> > #       Load "dri"
> > #       Load  "glx"
> >
> > restart the Xserver and try agin NVIZ.
>
> but then I am getting the following

[snip]

To both Markus and Helena:

What happens if you just disable loading "dri", but still load "glx"?

If there are problems when using the XFree86 GLX extension, that
should probably be investigated further. OTOH, if the problems are
limited to DRI, that's to be expected. Although, you might want to add
a "don't use DRI" notice, just in case anyone still hasn't figured
that one out for themselves yet ;)