[GRASS5] WARNING: CVS broken

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Mon Aug 20 08:09:14 EDT 2001

Hi all,

as we still not know which commits are missing on the current
release_branch, the 5.0.0 release has to be delayed...

On Mon, Aug 20, 2001 at 11:37:43AM +0200, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
[...]
> cvs -z4 diff -r tag  -r tag
[...]

> > On Thu, Aug 16, 2001 at 12:33:56PM -0400, Eric Mitchell wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Markus,

> > > Try this:
> > >
> > > # get the wrong release branch
> > > cvs co -rwrong_release_branch
> > >
> > > # merge changes between wrong and active
> > > cvs update -j wrong_release_branch -j active_branch
> > >
> > > # compare results
> > > cvs diff

at time I am somewhat lost as I am no CVS expert for the current
problem. I neighter know the "wrong_release_branch" nor when it
was applied and even don't know how to investigate.
cvs history and
cvs annotate

are not helpful for the analysis. If someone instructs me I am willing
to check, however, I need assistance.

Bernhard has
"Removed irritating non-branch tag "releasebranch_11_april_2001_5_0_0".
"

but I don't know how to check against this wrong tag. An error to start
with is the html/r.in.gdal.html page which doesn't contain hints on NULL
support which should be there.

Looking forward the release of 5.0.0 after fixing the CVS problems,

 Markus