[GRASS5] WARNING: CVS broken

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Mon Aug 20 16:29:31 EDT 2001

Bernhard Reiter wrote:

> Glynn openend a new branch with a branch-tag of:
> releasebranch_14_august_2001_5_0_0

Note: everything which I committed on this branch has since been
committed on the "april" branch.

Since Bernhard fixed the problem with the "april" tag, the "august"
tag is redundant. It might be a good idea to delete the "august" tag
to avoid any possible confusion.

> Possible problems:
>
> Changes done in the releasebranch_14_august_2001_5_0_0 branch
> might need to be merged back to the releasebranch_11_april_2001_5_0_0 branch.

This isn't necessary.

> Files are been removed from the releasebranch_11_april_2001_5_0_0 branch
> by mistake in the process. Fix compare filenames to last release
> from this branch for completeness.

I'm certain that nothing was removed from the *branch*. However, some
people may have committed changes which they thought were on this
branch, but were actually on the trunk.

A simple check is to look at the version of the changed file in the
output from "cvs log". If the version consists of two numbers, e.g.
"1.9", then it's on the trunk. If it is on a branch, it will have at
least four numbers, e.g. "1.8.2.2".