[GRASS5] [bug #867] (grass) v.out.sdts crashes

Eric G. Miller egm2 at jps.net
Mon Dec 10 22:02:10 EST 2001

On Tue, 11 Dec 2001 02:26:58 +0100 (CET), Request Tracker <grass-bugs at intevation.de> wrote:

> this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=867
>
> Subject: v.out.sdts crashes
>
> Hi,
>
> it seems that v.out.sdts just crashes. Does anyone have a
> better experience? I having trying to export the "roads" map
> from Spearfish just to see if it is working.

It didn't crash on me, but...

1) It is outdated in it's handling of projections/datums.
   It only supports lat/lon or UTM and only checks ellipsoid,
   not datum.

2) It really requires the associated metadata routines to be
   functional in order to produce "correct" output.

But, I was able to successfully export and reimport data with it...

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>