[GRASS5] v.digit problems

Eric G. Miller egm2 at jps.net
Mon Feb 26 21:14:37 EST 2001

On Mon, Feb 26, 2001 at 01:17:41PM +0000, Markus Neteler wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> when using "widen view" in (un)zoom in v.digit, and
> having the GRASS monitor *partly* outside the screen,
> the monitor isn't refreshed any more. This leads to
> various overlayed vector pictures resulting from the
> different zoom operation. If you move back the monitor
> fully into the screen, refresh is back o.k.
>
> Just to notify you (probably Eric),

Yep, I can confirm.  Undoubtedly the result of a blocked read.  I tried
to modify the way SWITCHER handles reads, but there seem to be a dozen
different pathways to read/write on the communications channel, all
making for a god awful mess.  Most likely it's blocking in read1().
Unfortunately, handling the blocked read is not straight forward.  I'll
try to look at it again, when I can.

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>