[GRASS5] GRASS stable/exp branches

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Mon Feb 26 05:36:32 EST 2001

Hello Justin, hi all,

thanks for your long "branch" letter. It seems to be more
problematic than expected.

For me I can say: I prefer *less* work by branching. It would be
impossible for me to check all contributions to the stable branch
as I have real life work to do as well (not to mention the Ph.D. idea).

Maybe, to speed up, we should choose the src/CMD/lists/GRASS
idea and have a dead-end-branch for 5.0.0 only. I am still
believing that we should switch over immediately to 5.1 rather
then spending more time on 5.0. Then we can get familiar with all
this branching stuff etc.

The idea I was following for some days seems to have so many side
effects... Thanks Justin and Bernhard for your comments.

Well, any further idea here how to proceed with stable?

Markus