[GRASS5] Module file sizes

David D Gray ddgray at armadce.demon.co.uk
Mon Feb 19 20:09:21 EST 2001

Rich Shepard wrote:

> On Mon, 19 Feb 2001, David D Gray wrote:
>
> > The module should be in .../grass5/etc/bin/cmd and make a hard link
> > etc/front.end <-> bin/v.in.mif.
>
> David,
>
>   OK. I moved v.in.mif to /usr/local/grass5/etc/bin/cmd. What is the proper
> syntax for the link? `ln /usr/local/grass5/etc/front.end
> /usr/local/grass5/etc/bin/cmd/v.in.mif'? Will front.end know about v.in.mif
> specifically, or is it a generic pointer?

Rich

`ln /usr/local/grass5/etc/front.end /usr/local/grass5/bin/v.in.mif'

should do it. It's the location in bin you want to create. front.end
knows what module it is to access by reading argv[0] in the main
function - this is always set to the name that's used to call it. It
then forks a child process calling the real binary from etc/bin/cmd or
etc/bin/inter.

David