[GRASS5] backingstore and v.digit

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Mon Feb 19 06:36:08 EST 2001

Hi Eric,

On Sun, Feb 18, 2001 at 08:04:16PM -0800, Eric G. Miller wrote:
> Okay, I made a few more changes to the X driver to try to handle Expose
> events better.  I tested it briefly with v.digit (among others) and it
> seems to handle the repaint in most cases.  There are a few places where
> the expose event handling doesn't seem to work right (seen when v.digit
> first draws screen -- when an action is chosen, the screen gets
> repainted; also seen when drawing lines if you switch to a different
> window and back in the middle of the operation).

If v.digit displays the map and menu, I still can wipe out the map
(as you state above).
However, after leaving v.digit (the vector map remains on screen),
it comes back again (that's better than in past :-).

So far my report.

> The law of unintended consequences says these changes should produce
> several other problems.... Let me know...
[Disclaimer for Rich: The sockets driver we are testing here is optional]

Markus