[GRASS5] html help

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Thu Feb 15 10:39:07 EST 2001

On Thu, Feb 15, 2001 at 12:33:49PM +0100, mlennert at club.worldonline.be wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have netscape running, and when I do a Ctrl-middle button on a
> tcltkgrass-module, I get the corresponding html man page. But I also get the
> message that /usr/bin/X11/netscape is not running and that I need to start it
> first. Why ?

Hi Moritz,

I have the same problem. If netscape isn't already started, you don't
receive the man-page. Reason is the command used in gui.tcl:

netscape -remote

This only works if netscape is already started. The gui.tcl needs
to be modified to get a test if netscape is present, if not, start it.
Tcl-Volunteers? :-)

 Markus