[GRASS5] sockets XDriver error

Malcolm Blue mblue at nb.sympatico.ca
Wed Feb 14 16:56:38 EST 2001

Huidae,

I haven't experienced this error, but I can suggest something to check.

It looks like the call to start the XDRIVER is failing in the syntax check at the
beginning of SWITCHER.c.  Did d.mon routines recompile properly?  Since Eric
changed the calling syntax in d.mon/pgms/start.c, using an old version of d.mon
start would have this effect.

Another clue:  Eric added checks for the return value of R_open_driver() and the
messages printing out don't stop at the "No socket to connect...." message.  It
looks like d.mon select is going to the next statement even though R_open_driver
should have return a NO_MON.

I suggest checking to see if d.mon was successfully recompiled and installed.
Also, make sure you are using the latest updates from Eric, to include the error
checking in d.mon select.

Hope this helps,

Malcolm