[GRASS5] Re: solaris

B. Byars Bruce_Byars at baylor.edu
Wed Feb 14 14:10:22 EST 2001

Hi Helena,

We're migrating to Solaris 8, but even its stable release has
network issues with DNS and DHCP.  Hopefully I can have
a Solaris build by tomorrw.  I'm updating the README's
and everything else as well.  I'll keep you posted on my progress.
Already worked out some of the library incompatabilities.  It
looks like when you do like we have here having both 32 and
64 bit OS's installed on the same machine, that's where the problems
arise.  I'm compiling a list of the offending files.  :-)

Other than Mesa, I'm using Tcl and Tk 8.3.  That should do
you nicely.  Just be sure you've got wish8.3 aliased to just
wish tho'.  Otherwise you'll run into problems.  I haven;t found
any Tcl widgets that aren;t downward compatible...yet.

Bruce