[GRASS5] Mac OS X Beta 11 - Failed Modules

Jeshua Lacock jeshua at SierraMaps.com
Sat Feb 10 15:39:56 EST 2001

Greetings,

Not to beat a dead dog, but here are all the modules that I could not get compiled with Mac OS X:

_gtty and/or _stty errors:
   Compilation error in module: src/display/d.colors (ignored)
   Compilation error in module: src/imagery/i.class (ignored)
   Compilation error in module: src/imagery/i.ortho.photo (ignored)
   Compilation error in module: src/imagery/i.points (ignored)
   Compilation error in module: src/imagery/i.points3 (ignored)
   Compilation error in module: src/imagery/i.vpoints (ignored)

I can't get the gdal libs compiled:
   Compilation error in module: src/raster/r.in.gdal (ignored)

Some missing on not found lib:
   Compilation error in module: src.contrib/GMSL/NVIZ2.2 (ignored)
   /usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
   _Tcl_GlobalEval
   _Tcl_Init
   _Tcl_SetVar
   [...snip...]
   _Tk_HandleEvent
   _Tk_MakeWindowExist
   _Tk_SetClass
   _Tk_SetWindowVisual
   [...snip...]
   _XAllocColorCells
   _XStoreColors
   make[1]: *** [nvwish] Error 1
   make: *** [nvwish] Error 2

No c compiler on Mac OS X??:
   Compilation error in module: src.garden/answers/src.answers/raster/r.fill.dir (ignored):
   c fmt_un.f -o OBJ.powerpc-apple-darwin1.2/fmt_un.o
   make[1]: c: Command not found

I tried:   cc fmt_un.f -o OBJ.powerpc-apple-darwin1.2/fmt_un.o

And I get the error:
   /usr/bin/ld: fmt_un.f bad magic number (not a Mach-O file)

Quite an improvement over the beta 8 bindist, with 27 failed modules.  If I could only get the _gtty thing and NVIZ figured out ....

Thanks,

Jeshua Lacock
Cartographer/Owner
http://SierraMaps.com