[GRASS5] G_socks_* unix socket wrapper functions...

Jeshua Lacock jeshua at SierraMaps.com
Tue Jan 30 01:31:10 EST 2001

On Monday, January 29, 2001, at 08:49 PM, Eric G . Miller wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 29, 2001 at 05:54:39PM -0800, Jeshua Lacock wrote:
> > On Monday, January 29, 2001, at 05:03 PM, Malcolm Blue wrote:
> >
> > > Also, are IPC message queues implemented on all of the platforms?  It is on
> > > UNIX's and now works on Cygwin for WinNT, but what about other platforms, e.g..
> > > Mac OS X?  Maybe people using platforms that don't support IPC can respond to
> > > this (if no one responds can we assume that all support this?)
> >

> > How do I test it or find out if MacOS X supports IPC??
>
> Have /usr/include/sys/ipc.h ?

Yes.

> Have /usr/include/bits/ipc.h ?

No.

> Run "nm /usr/lib/libc.a | grep msgget" (provided that's the path to
> libc) will indicate if it exists in the library.

I cannot locate a "libc.a" anywhere on my system.  I do have a libc.h, libc.p, libcc_dynamic.a but no libc.a.  Weird huh?

Stumped,

Jeshua Lacock
Cartographer/Owner
http://SierraMaps.com