[GRASS5] Configure Warning

Jeshua Lacock jeshua at SierraMaps.com
Tue Jan 30 01:10:56 EST 2001

On Monday, January 29, 2001, at 09:17 PM, Eric G . Miller wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 29, 2001 at 07:05:01PM -0800, Jeshua Lacock wrote:
> > Hi Eric,
> >
> > FYI, this snip from my config output seems odd to me:
> >
> > checking Tcl include dirs... -I/usr/local/include
> > checking Tk include dirs... -I/usr/local/include
> > checking Tcl/Tk library dirs... -L/usr/local/lib
> > checking for Tk_MainWindow in -ltk8.0... no
> > configure: warning: *** Failed to find Tcl/Tk libraries
> >
> > It finds the Tcl/Tk libs, but reports it doesn't.
>
> An unending burr in my britches... ;)
>
> I'm guessing you get that with a clean slate (i.e. does removing
> config.cache and re-running ./configure make a difference) ?

Eric, yes, you are correct.  Removing config.cache and re-running ./configure does not make a difference.

> Probably another library is needed for 'ld' in the test script that is
> generated.  Is Tk tied into the native GUI on OS X? or is it tied to
> XFree86?  Could make a difference...
>
> Maybe:
>
> $ ldd /usr/lib/libtk8.0.so
>
> will tell you (won't work on ar archives [*.a]).

Mmm, I have a /usr/lib/libtk8.0.a, not /usr/lib/libtk8.0.so.  And I do not have a "ldd" program.  I tired:

 $ ld /usr/lib/libtk8.0.a

And it reports: "ld: no object files loaded"

But as you pointed out, it won't work on archives.

Regards,

Jeshua Lacock
Cartographer/Owner
http://SierraMaps.com