[GRASS5] _gtty & _stty errors

Jeshua Lacock jeshua at SierraMaps.com
Tue Jan 30 00:44:51 EST 2001

On Tue, 5 Dec 2000 22:54:00 -0800, Eric Miller wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 05, 2000 at 04:07:11PM -0800, Jeshua Lacock wrote:
> > Greetings listers,
> >
> > The following modules:
> >   /usr/src/grass/src/display/d.colors
> >   /usr/src/grass/src/imagery/i.class
> >   /usr/src/grass/src/imagery/i.ortho.photo/photo.2image
> >   /usr/src/grass/src/imagery/i.points
> >   /usr/src/grass/src/imagery/i.points3/inter
> >   /usr/src/grass/src/imagery/i.vpoints
> >
> > Report the same error:
> >    /usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
> >    _gtty
> >    _stty
>
> Those should be defined in libncurses, I think.  Do you have the
> ncurses5 library installed?  It may be the linker is not finding the
> libraries correctly (maybe use the --with-libs=/path/to/libdir).  The
> linker is often very limited in where it will look for thing by default,
> hence all the -L/usr/X11R6/lib and similar flags.  See other post as
> well.

Hello,

I have installed libncurses 5.2, did a "make clean", and "make" (beta 11, pre 2) and I still get the _gtty and _stty errors. It looks like the linker is sourcing /usr/local/lib (where the libncurses.a is).

These modules are for the most part, the only modules not compiled for Mac OS X.  It would be really nice to kick this one in the butt....

I appreciate any ideas on how to track this bugger down.

Thanks,

Jeshua Lacock
Cartographer/Owner
http://SierraMaps.com