[GRASS5] XDRIVER problem

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Fri Jan 26 10:09:13 EST 2001

On Fri, Jan 26, 2001 at 10:55:51AM +0100, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 26, 2001 at 09:07:34AM +0000, Markus Neteler wrote:
> > On Thu, Jan 25, 2001 at 07:55:07PM +0100, Radim Blazek wrote:
>
> > John Huddleston has benn uploading the IPC code into XDRIVER
> > from Malcolm Blue (unfortunately without announcement).
> >
> > >From my experience it works well in Linux, but:
> > You have to rebuild most. See the file README.ipc (which is a script
> > as well), it should do the job. After compilation it will run o.k.
> >
> > Or am I wrong? John, please post the changes!!
>
> If this is causing problem on some platforms, we might be able to
> use CVS to revert to a more tested revision of this code for the
> release. :)
> (Just to make you again aware of the capabilities of CVS.)

Generally a good advice :-) But developers are somewhat responsible for
their changes, so they should revert if a bug occurs. As a second
choice other shall take for it (idea of distributed workload).

Concerning XDRIVER:

I checked with cvs2cl.pl

src/display/devices/XDRIVER:

        * lib/connect.c: connect.c changed to run under cygwin

        * XDRIVER24/SWITCHER.c: SWITCHER.c changed to run under cygwin

cd src/libes/

        * raster/io.c: io.c chnaged to run under cygwin

Maybe it was intended to update the files
 src/display/devices/XDRIVER/lib/ipc.new/connect.c
 src/display/devices/XDRIVER/XDRIVER24/ipc.new/SWITCHER.c
 src/libes/raster/ipc.new/io.c
?

Sorry, due to lack of time I cannot migrate the misplaced update into
the individual ipc.new/ directories and revert the changes in the parent
directories...

Markus