[GRASS5] 5beta11pre1 configure failure on mac osx pb

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Thu Jan 25 14:21:40 EST 2001

On Thu, Jan 25, 2001 at 02:14:40PM -0500, Robert Lagacé wrote:
> andy agena wrote:
> >
> > hello all:
> >
> > i crossed my fingers and ./configure'd 5beta11pre1 on mac osx public beta; of course, there's still the -lm problem due to the lack of g77 or f77.  i might try commenting out all the references to -lm this weekend and giving it another whirl.
>
> How many GRASS modules (or lines of code) are in fortran?
>
> Since I have a good knowledge of fortran, I may be able to convert them to C.

Robert,

only one relevant module, I think: r.fill.dir.  Roger S. Miller
<rgrmill at rt66.com> is currently working on porting it. Perhaps he could need
assistance (hi Roger). He's on the list here.

Maybe the m.regression stuff (who uses it?) in src.contrib also requires
fortran.

Thanks for the offer,

 Markus