[GRASS5] r.lzw2z updated...

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Mon Jan 22 06:26:09 EST 2001

On Mon, Jan 22, 2001 at 02:35:34AM -0800, Eric G . Miller wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 22, 2001 at 09:36:25AM +0000, Markus Neteler wrote:
> > Eric,
> >
> > just tested the updated module:
> >
> >  - no segfault any more, but
> >  - I get this warning:
> >    Processing aspect at helge ... Copying ... WARNING:
> >    cell_misc/aspect/f_format file may be corrupted!
> >
> >    Processing slope at helge ... Copying ... WARNING: cell_misc/slope/f_format
> >    file may be corrupted!
> >
> > There seems to be one bug left.
>
> Could you check what one of these files looks like?  Maybe I need to
> handle a return value differently...  Following conversion it should
> look like...
>
> type: float
> byte_order: xdr
> lzw_compression_bits: -1
>
> Prior to conversion, lzw_compression_bits should be between 9 and 20.

Mhhh, it is as above!

type: double
byte_order: xdr
lzw_compression_bits: -1

> If it failed to update/write the file, the warning is correct.  However,
> we don't want it to fail ;)
Yes, but what could be wrong?
Maybe it is o.k., just the warning is wrong.

Note: I didn't test the map (should have done). As I just
trashed my GRASs for recompilation, I cannot test this minute.
Update mail should follow in 10 minutes...

 Markus