[GRASS5] backspace problem

Roger S. Miller rgrmill at rt66.com
Fri Jan 19 11:08:57 EST 2001

Just to add more confusion to the problem...

When I tested at the office I was unable to find a problem with v.support
and a few other commands.  At the office I use xterm either on an ssh
connection or on the server; I also ran it in an OS/2 command shell using
telnet and ssh.  From home I ran v.support and the backspace key didn't
work.  Ctrl-backspace did.  In that case I was running rxvt over an ssh
connection.  I switched to an xterm over the same connection and backspace
did work.

So maybe the terminal emulator is part of the problem, but I've lost
backspace enough times in the past to know that backspace works in some
modules, but not in others even running in the same GRASS session, so
there must be something in the GRASS code that makes some commands more
susceptible to the problem than others.

Roger Miller
Lee Wilson and Associates