[GRASS5] GRASS beta11 and LZW...

Eric G . Miller egm2 at jps.net
Fri Jan 19 06:26:01 EST 2001

On Thu, Jan 18, 2001 at 04:50:33PM +0000, Markus Neteler wrote:
> Other option: Use the r.lzw2z written by Eric Miller:
> http://www.jps.net/egm2/r.lzw2z.tgz
>
> (Eric, please update the web server not to display this file but to
> open the "save file" dialog, otherwise only lynx can download it
> lynx -source http://www.jps.net/egm2/r.lzw2z.tgz > r.lzw2z.tgz
> - a little bit inconvenient for thousand of users interested in r.lzw2z...
> Or please rename to r.lzw2z.tar.gz)
>
> r.lzw2z: the data is read/decoded/recoded to a temp file, then reread
>          and if successful transferred back to the original.
>
> Generally I think it would be o.k. to add it to GRASS since it does the
> removal of LZW. But I am not a laywer.
>
> Our motto: Welcome to the patent-free GRASS 5 beta11.
  <g>

Okay, Markus I made the tarball r.lzw2z.tar.gz (I have no control over
the server's Mime/Types, Shift-Left Button prompts for download in
Netscrape!).  I've also written a little GRASS style help
file (which is included in the new tarball).  The helpfile with link
to the source tarball is:

http://www.jps.net/egm2/r.lzw2z/r.lzw2z.html

or grab the tarball directly with:

wget http://www.jps.net/egm2/r.lzw2z/r.lzw2z.tar.gz

Maybe some people want to mirror this should I not be able to keep it
posted for whatever reason?

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>