[GRASS5] GRASS and backspace key

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Thu Jan 18 13:15:26 EST 2001

On Thu, Jan 18, 2001 at 09:50:46AM -0700, Roger S. Miller wrote:

> On Thu, 18 Jan 2001, Markus Neteler wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > another annoying thing is that GRASS has some problems
> > with backspace key. If you enter a map name, it will
> > result to this:
> >
> >  VECTOR (DIGIT) FILENAME
> > Enter 'list' for a list of existing binary vector files
> > Hit RETURN to cancel request
> > > linien^H^H^H^H^H
>
> Try ctrl-backspace.

Unfortunately  no hope...
 VECTOR (DIGIT) FILENAME
Enter 'list' for a list of existing binary vector files
Hit RETURN to cancel request
> list^H^H^H^H^H

Ah funny:

r.in.gdal

OPTION:   Bin raster file to be imported
     key: input
required: YES
enter option > li

Here it is o.k. So the bug is limited to some? vector commands.
v.in.arc is o.k, v.support isn't.

Mhhh, perhaps an include file is missing in v.support? Strange thing!

> Just now I wasn't able to find a command that gave me that problem while
> running Linux and testing with the KDE desktop and fvwm2 window manager or
> with OS/2 with the ICE window manager.  I've seen it (plenty) before and
> found it very frustrating.  In all cases I've found if backspace doesn't
> work then ctrl-backspace does.

To conclude: At least on my Linux box it differs from command to command.

Markus