[GRASS5] BIN_CMD/BIN_INTER - Gmakefiles changed

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Wed Jan 10 08:35:35 EST 2001

Hi all,

all Gmakefiles are updated again as well as the related src/CMD/generic/
files:

BIN_ALPHA_CMD,
BIN_ALPHA_INTER,
BIN_MAIN_CMD,
BIN_MAIN_INTER,
BIN_CONTRIB_CMD,
BIN_CONTRIB_INTER

BIN_CMD
BIN_INTER

This will simplify the install procedure.

The only problem which can occur is in case of two modules exist with
identical name (which have been written e.g. to BIN_MAIN_CMD and
BIN_CONTRIB_CMD). However, this would have been a bug anyway.
Some problems might occur from the src.contrib/ section as some
similar modules are there comparing to src/ section. But we should anyway
clean up the src.contrib section (and move unused code to unused/).

Justin: I have a nice script which did this conversion for me :-)

You should remove both
rm -rf dist.$ARCH/etc/bin
and
rm -rf $GISBASE/etc/bin

then re-compile to avoid that same modules exist several times in unused
directories.

In case of problems, please let me know.

Cheers

 Markus

--
Markus Neteler *  University of Hannover
Institute of Physical Geography and Landscape Ecology