[GRASS5] projection-transformation

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Wed Jan 10 06:47:30 EST 2001

Hi Michel,

On Wed, Jan 03, 2001 at 11:00:21AM +0000, Michel Wurtz wrote:
[...]
> > BTW: I have sent my ARCINFO map to Michel for investigation. Perhaps he can
> > find the problem in the e00 file (Michel: You have the red line dataset,
> > above west corner point in lat/long is 7:08:31.53E 53:42:41.51N).
> >
> > Final test: I have transformed my west corner point to lat/long:
> >  - it matches gshhs dataset
> >  - it doesn't match ARCINFO
>
> Well, the e00 file seems OK, but doesn't contain any projection
> information (no "PRJ" section).  What say Arc/Info about the west
> corner point's lat/long ?  Maybe there is some information that
> is not exported in the e00 file, like scale or east/north shift.
> Try to export with a PRJ section (it contains values names Scale,
> Xshift and Yshift that may be usefull here) and send me the e00
> file again if you can.

the students didn't specify any projection :-(( I hope to get the updated
file soon.
I have received another SHAPEfile with borders which matches quite good
to my other data. So three options are there:

 - mistake done by the students
 - e00 needs Xshift and Yshift set
 - general ArcInfo problem (btw: it was PC3.5, not 8)

Markus