[GRASS5] configure-problem on linux and irix

Eric G . Miller egm2 at jps.net
Tue Jan 9 01:08:21 EST 2001

On Tue, Jan 09, 2001 at 12:07:27PM +0700, Justin Hickey wrote:
> Hi Eric
>
> > > I found what is causing the problem. The line it refers to is
> > >
> > > if test $tkincdir && test -z $HAVE_TK_H ; then
> > >
> > > and $HAVE_TK_H is empty at that point. I don't know why it is empty
> > > but this is what is causing the error.
> >
> > Ahh, yes.  Someone other than myself commented out the portion of
> > configure.in that would've set that variable...  Will fix.
>
> Sorry, but I still get the error message after updating configure.in,
> running autoconf, removing config.cache, and running configure. My
> experience has been that variables somtimes need to be inside "" to work
> as expected on some systems. What about trying "$HAVE_TK_H"?

Hmm, well it would seem such an error would crop up elsewhere as well.
Anyway, why don't you try out some of your ideas.  I can't reproduce the
problem here, so it's hard for me to find a solution.  That whole
$HAVE_TK_H could probably be removed anyway since the code that would've
set it has been commented out.

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>