[GRASS5] Database linking question

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Jan 3 10:20:48 EST 2001

On Wed, 3 Jan 2001, Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> Legend has it that ESRI started court action against ER Mapper many years
> ago over their having reverse engineered the binary coverage format, but
> they I haven't heard of their taking any action against anyone in recent
> years.

Frank,

  Only a few years ago, ESRI forced the BLM to have Sol Katz stop working on
reverse engineering the .e00 format. A bunch of us were collecting export
files and deciphering the differences and Sol was putting the results on the
BLM's ftp server in Denver. ESRI didn't like even that!

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
              Making environmentally-responsible mining happen. (SM)
 + 1 503-667-4517 (voice) | + 1 503-667-8863 (fax) | rshepard at appl-ecosys.com