[GRASS5] projection-transformation

Michel Wurtz mw at teledetection.fr
Wed Jan 3 06:00:21 EST 2001

Markus Neteler wrote:

> Merry Christmas to all!

Thank you, and have a happy new millenium (guess you won't be
here for the next one ;-)

> BTW: I have sent my ARCINFO map to Michel for investigation. Perhaps he can
> find the problem in the e00 file (Michel: You have the red line dataset,
> above west corner point in lat/long is 7:08:31.53E 53:42:41.51N).
>
> Final test: I have transformed my west corner point to lat/long:
>  - it matches gshhs dataset
>  - it doesn't match ARCINFO

Well, the e00 file seems OK, but doesn't contain any projection
information (no "PRJ" section).  What say Arc/Info about the west
corner point's lat/long ?  Maybe there is some information that
is not exported in the e00 file, like scale or east/north shift.
Try to export with a PRJ section (it contains values names Scale,
Xshift and Yshift that may be usefull here) and send me the e00
file again if you can.

--
Michel WURTZ - DIG - Maison de la télédétection
               500, rue J.F. Breton