[GRASS5] Re: Numercial stuff in GRASS

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Fri Jul 6 01:18:56 EDT 2001

Markus Neteler wrote:

> as your improvements and comments may be of further interest,
> I cc it to grass5.
>
> Hi all: Glynn is currently improving the "gmath" lib to add further
> maxtrix/vector functionality:

I've also added src/libes/gmath/DEPEND, which lists programs which
depend upon the gmath library (and which functions).

The programs are:

i.cca
i.fft
i.pca
i.zc
r.surf.fractal
r.surf.gauss
r.surf.random
i.shape

At present, I haven't converted any of these programs to use the new
functions, as I don't know how to test them. Examples would be
appreciated.

The functions which haven't yet been replaced are:

fft	copyright issues
jacobi	use gmath matrix type
eigen	use gmath matrix type
del2g	needs to match new fft interface
rand1	copyright issues
gauss	copyright issues

It's unclear as to whether fft should use the gmath matrix type. If it
should, there should probably be a function to initialise a matrix
from a raster map layer.

max_pow2 can remain as-is.