[GRASS5] Opinion wanted - null data

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Fri Jul 6 05:49:14 EDT 2001

On Tue, 3 Jul 2001, Justin Hickey wrote:

> As you know, I have been looking at the issue of removing the feature of
> "0 is no data", and the situation is currently at a point where I'm not
> sure what is the best thing to do.
>
> 1. Release 5.0 stable without any null changes and indicate to users
>    that an investigation of the code revealed that a major change was
>    required and thus the change is delayed until 5.1 rather than
>    risking the stability of 5.0

I go for 1. After looking recently at the r.in.ascii issue, and reading
other code (s.kcv), I would be very apprehensive about changing something
that works.

Roger

--
Roger Bivand
e-mail: Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
and: Department of Geography and Regional Development, University of
Gdansk, al. Mar. J. Pilsudskiego 46, PL-81 378 Gdynia, Poland.