[GRASS5] [bug #766] (grass) liss3 images and i.tape.other

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Sun Jul 8 01:37:44 EDT 2001

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=766

Subject: liss3 images and i.tape.other

Platform: Linux/Intel
Linux distro: RedHat
linux cpu: Intel (i486, i586, pentium ...)
Xwindows version: Xfree 3.3.6
Xwindows manager: GNOME
TclTk version: tcl/tk 8.4
grass downloaded at: Hannover site
grass binary for platform: Linux/Intel binaries

the liss3 image data i have is of the following format:

1)BIL, 4 bands
2)2508 records (rows)
3) 32 bytes prefix data per record
4) 89 bytes suffix data per record
5) each record length 2399 bytes

i have been trying i.tape.other and have managed to get at least some transformation using a buffer length of 2399 for 4 image bands in BIL
format, with 2508 rows and 2399 columns. however, i keep getting some garbled output though i.tape.other tells me that 100% has been acquired.

r.in.gdal gives me a CPLMalloc error, core dump.

please help.