[GRASS5] GCC 3.0 and GRASS...

Eric G. Miller egm2 at jps.net
Tue Jul 24 02:35:04 EDT 2001

FYI,
  I compiled GRASS 5.0 with the new GCC and everything seems okay.  Not
too surprising considering the biggest changes affect C++.  Lots of
warnings in the g3d, ogsf libes over the use of the __STDC__ symbol.
Also, the warnings for TclCreateCommand are legion (function type
mismatch).  Nothing in the standard "suite" failed to compile -- we'll
see if any exhibit erratic behavior.  I expect GCC 3.0 will be showing
up widely in the next 6 months, so it's good to know it shouldn't cause
any problems.

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>