[GRASS5] [bug #752] (grass) configure: doesn't add -lGL -lGLw -lGLUT entries in head file (Solaris)

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Tue Jun 12 13:35:05 EDT 2001

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=752

Subject: configure: doesn't add -lGL -lGLw -lGLUT entries in head file (Solaris)

Platform: SUN/Solaris2.6
grass downloaded at: CVS Server, Germany
grass binary for platform: I compiled the sources myself
grass sources source: yes, I am using the latest GRASS from CVS
c compiler name: gcc

Hi,

the "configure" doesn't add -lGL -lGLw -lGLUT in head file on Solaris/SUN
while this is working on Linux. Similar was reported for MaxOSX recently.

After adding above entries into head file, everything compiles fine.
The libraries are detected:

[...]
checking GL/gl.h and GL/GLwMDrawA.h...  -I/usr/include -I/usr/local/include and  -I/usr/include
checking for glBegin in -lGL... (cached) no
checking for gluBeginCurve in -lGLU... (cached) no
checking for GLwDrawingAreaMakeCurrent in -lGLw... (cached) no
checking for GLwCreateMDrawingArea in -lGLwM... (cached) no
[...]

I have no idea how to fix this (as it works for Linux). Probably some wrong variable quoting?

the final head file is looking like this:
OPENGLINC           =  -I/usr/include -I/usr/local/include
OPENGLwINC          =  -I/usr/include
OPENGLLIB           =  -L/usr/lib
OPENGLULIB          =
LGLWM               =