[GRASS5] compilation HP-UX

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Wed Jun 13 22:59:21 EDT 2001

Eric G. Miller wrote:

> If you'd like to try a d.area for "non-commercial use only" (the bad
> license restriction)  I can send or make available a tarball (no uint8_t
> type involved!).

1. uint8_t is the (very) easy case; "typedef unsigned char uint8_t".

Although I don't think anything actually prohibits "char" from having
more than 8 bits (less than 8 /is/ prohibited), you could safely bet
vital organs that most of GRASS (and a great deal else) wouldn't work
on such a system.

2. uint32_t isn't much harder; if "typedef unsigned int uint32_t" is
wrong on a given platform, plenty of other GRASS programs will also
fail.