[GRASS5] Cell driver

Reinhard Brunzema r.brunzema at web.de
Mon Jun 18 09:06:28 EDT 2001

Hallo,
I still have color problems with the CELL driver. Displaying floating
point maps with the CELL driver produces maps with less colors than
displaying it with the XDRiVER.

You can see this, if you create a map with
r.mapcalc "testmap = row() * 1.0"
 in a region with a size of 100x100, which creates a map with 100
colors. Displaying this map with the XDRIVER is no problem. If I use the
CELL driver, I only get about 30 colors. With the PNG driver I get
almost the same result (30 colors).

If I use
r.mapcalc "testmap2 = round(testmap)"
before using the CELL driver, I get all my colors in the CELL map. But
this is obviously not a solution for all cases.

Thanks, Reinhard