[GRASS5] Error to compile i.fft

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Tue Jun 19 18:29:06 EDT 2001

On Tue, Jun 19, 2001 at 02:02:25PM +0100, Markus Neteler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> again on the "gmath"/numerical functions issue...
> I need a recommendation.
>
> Currently we face following situation:
>
>  - src/libes/gmath/ has been written by David to support LAPACK/BLAS
>    (it contains wrapper functions)
>  - we have spreading around numerous files containing various numerical
>    functions like fft, ifft, matrix operations etc.
>
> My intention is to assemble all functionality in one library. So
> I started to migrate all such functions into src/libes/gmath/
> (as I did for i.fft and accidentially already uploaded).
>
> A problem arises on those machines, which don't have LAPACK/BLAS and "g2c"
> (requirement, which is the former f2c.h) installed.
> For example you will get, when compiling "gmath":
>   src/include/la.h:28: g2c.h: No such file or directory
>   make: *** [OBJ.sparc-sun-solaris2.6/la.o] Error 1
>
> Two solutions may the at our choice:
>
>   (1) split the library into two libraries
>          a) LAPACK/BLAS routines
>          b) others
>   (2) add some clever mechanism to selectively compile with/without
>       LAPACK/BLAS support. So far "configure" checks already the presence
>       of LAPACK/BLAS.
>
> I would vote for (2), but don't know how to implement it. Must be some
> ifdef's around "la.h"?

So far I have updated configure now to search for g2c.h and f2c.h.
The src/libes/gmath/la.c is compiled only, if g2c.h is present (shall we
allow f2c.h as well?). That should do the trick for (2) above.

To test, please update

 cvs up configure configure.in
 cvs up src/include
 cvs up src/libes/gmath

To test:
 configure
 gmake5 src/libes/gmath

No error should occur.

In case of problems, please let me know.

Markus