[GRASS5] xdriver: Unable to get sufficient colors

Eric G. Miller egm2 at jps.net
Wed Jun 27 11:16:49 EDT 2001

On Wed, Jun 27, 2001 at 07:15:00AM +0200, Radim Blazek wrote:
> BTW:
> d.zoom in development branch (in stable the same probably, but I cannot test)
> requires at least one raster, vector or site:
>
>     if(!rast && !vect && !site)
>     {
>           rmap->required = YES;
>           just->answer = 1;
>     }
>
> If d.area is displayed only, d.zoom asks for raster file. But I want zoom in
> areas only.

The problem is with d.area.  It does a

   if (stat)
        D_add_to_list (G_recreate_command());

near the end, but that apparently isn't sufficient.  I had a look a
while back, and modified an unreleasable version of d.area (copyright
problem) to have:

        if(stat == 0)
                D_add_to_list(G_recreate_command()) ;

        D_set_dig_name(G_fully_qualified_name(map_name, mapset));
        D_add_to_dig_list(G_fully_qualified_name(map_name, mapset));

That seems to work.  I didn't update CVS, 'cause the algorithm used for handling
polygon holes isn't quite right, and writing the code to make it right is
non-trivial (anybody know how to implement the Weiler-Atherton clipping
algorithm?).  I suppose that little part of d.area could be updated, even if the
program doesn't quite behave correctly.

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>