[GRASS5] Recommended tweak for 5.1

Radim Blazek Radim.Blazek at dhv.cz
Fri Mar 30 08:21:03 EST 2001

Michel Wurtz wrote:

> By the way, what function (apart v.in.dxf and v.out.dxf) uses the ascii
> vector format ?  If they are alone, we can also change v.[in|out].ascii
> in order to store the ident attribute of lines and polygons in the same
> file...

v.[in|out].ascii is already rewritten so that it can read/write category(ies)
from/to vector ascii (in grass51 repository)

> This could also lead to a complete rewrite of v.[in|out].dxf, because
> you must use the vector library for input/output on grass side.
> Probably a good idea, but it will take some time I have not yet !

v.[in|out].dxf should be rewritten to work on binary vector and
merge v.in.dxf, v.in.dxf2 and v.in.dxf3d. I think that we should use
some dxf library (to support new dxf versions). Does anybody know about
some GPL dxf library in C? I have found only http://omega.sim.no/coin3d/dime_about.xml
which is C++.

All for grass51.

Radim