[GRASS5] compiling CVS on IRIX and Win32/Cygwin

Andreas Lange Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de
Wed Mar 28 14:54:12 EST 2001

Hi Justin,

i don't understand this too. But if i do a normal ./configure && make, i
can not get the gis library to compile. I can't remember the error
message, but it was a problem with different headers from
/usr/freeware/include and the stanard path. IMHO some conflicting header
files are read from /usr/freeware/include and the standard path.
I remember that one problem with gcc on IRIX is that the library
ordering is important, so that -L/usr/freeware/lib32 works, while
-L/usr/lib -L/usr/freeware/lib32 does not.
Sorry, i'll look at this another time,

Andreas

Justin Hickey wrote:

> Hi Andreas
>
> Andreas Lange wrote:
> > i can now compile the lates CVS source on IRIX 6.5 with gcc 2.95.2.
> > But i still have to use a lengthy configure line that defines all
> > libraries and include directories and have to remove the
> > -I/usr/freeware/include line to gcc manually.
>
> Hmmm. I don't understand why you need to specify all these directories
> when I don't. Does configure add the /usr/freeware/lib32 libs and
> /usr/lib32 directories properly? Also, why do you need to remove
> -I/usr/freeware/include from the gcc line? It would be nice to have
> configure and make work without options or changes on IRIX for both
> vendor compilers and gcc.

Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de - A.C.Lange at GMX.net