[GRASS5] GRASS 5.0.0 stable release branch started!

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Mar 27 05:25:43 EST 2001

On Tue, Mar 27, 2001 at 09:55:49AM +0100, Markus Neteler wrote:
> Hello Justin,
>
> I fear we need Bernhard's advice. I am not very sure how
> to proceed. I expect that we fix bugs in release branch and
> merge them back (later?) to the exp/main branch.

Yes, this is correct.
You can do the merge right away after commiting the fix,
if there are no conflicts.

> At least I have to learn this branching thing...

Yes, just go ahead and try.
This is the best way to learn.
There is no big chance of breaking anything.

Sorry that I do not have much time to give you a more detailed
instruction right now, due to personal reasons.
	Bernhard