[GRASS5] why GPL

Jan-Oliver Wagner jan at intevation.de
Tue Mar 27 02:50:33 EST 2001

On Mon, Mar 26, 2001 at 09:49:42PM -0800, strobe anarkhos wrote:
> FSF preambles are political rhetoric. I'm only concerned over the legality, which by the way hasn't changed since it was called the 'Library' GPL.

You are on the wrong track.
At least in Germany the legal interpretation depends not only on
the legality words, it also considers the general
understanding and interpretation by people.
BTW, thats the reason why challenging GPL at court will always
fail finally.

The 'political rhetoric' stuff is far more important than you
think.

Jan

--
Jan-Oliver Wagner               http://intevation.de/~jan/