[GRASS5] GRASS 5.0.0 stable release branch started!

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Mon Mar 26 11:51:42 EST 2001

Hi all,

today I have started the GRASS 5.0.0stable branch... :-)
Beforehand I have tagged the release.

What's there:

TAG="grassreleasebranch_5_0_0"
using cvs tag.

BRANCH="grassreleasebranch_5_0_0"
using cvs tag -b

The script I have used is (slightly modified)
tools/cvsbranch.sh

The branch is related to all uncommented contents of the module list and
some extra directories/files. I have branched in a separate directory.

If I got it, the "main" tree is remaining experimental and all bugfixes
to go into the stable release have to go into the release branch. Like
that you can continue to check in experimental code as well as bugfixes.

However, I strongly advice to concentrate on bugfixes only and to start
the grass51/ very soon.

PS: I got a few warnings, so we have to check if the branch is complete.

Regards

 Markus

--
Markus Neteler *  University of Hannover
Institute of Physical Geography and Landscape Ecology