[GRASS5] r.reclass

Eric G. Miller egm2 at jps.net
Sun Mar 25 16:52:08 EST 2001

On Sun, Mar 25, 2001 at 05:27:32PM +0100, Glynn Clements wrote:

> Have I done something wrong, or are reclassified maps known to be
> non-functional at the moment? Every attempt at using one fails (with
> "<mapname> - not found").
>
> Using strace indicates that the programs (d.rast, r.mapcalc,
> r.rescale) look for cell/mapname, and give up when nothing is found
> there. But r.reclass only generates cellhd/mapname.

Well, there should be a small file created in cell/ with the contents
"Don't remove me".  When the raster is opened, the open routines find it
is a reclass via the cellhd/ file and open the original file.  The file
in cell/ is necessary for the lookup routines (same thing is done with
all floating point rasters which really live in fcell).

> I didn't find anything about this in a (brief) look at the list
> archives, as I would have expected for something so fundamental. Which
> leads me to wonder if it's just me (recent "cvs update").

Something's wrong with your installation I guess.  Working fine here.

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>