[GRASS5] Add libgdal to configure?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Mar 23 08:56:13 EST 2001

"Eric G. Miller" wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 23, 2001 at 02:37:34PM +0700, Justin Hickey wrote:
> > Hello all
> >
> > I was just thinking that we should add a check for libgdal to configure
> > and provide a --with-gdal=DIR option. What do people think? I don't know
> > exactly how this would work or whether there would have to be changes
> > made to r.in.gdal, but it seems that configure is where we should
> > determine if libgdal is installed. Is this feasible?
>
> It's probably a good idea.  It requires a little hackery to get the
> build system to turn things on/off though.

Justin / Eric,

I can try to incorporate this if you like.  I already have some configure
script for this from MapServer.   Also, full GDAL installs include a
gdal-config script (in the spirit of things like gtk-config) which should
make it fairly easy to check for GDAL.

However, if a pre-installed libgdal includes libgrass support, there may
be conflicts trying to use that libgdal in r.in.gdal.

Best regards,